Habonim H29 series – Ball valve for high pressure H2
Habonim H29 ball valve for high pressure hydrogen
A few aspects are critical while selecting valves for high pressure hydrogen applications. Firstly, because H2 is a very small and light molecule, specific attention is to be placed on the development of precise sealing systems to ensure long term tightness. Second, in order to prevent H2 gas embrittlement (HGE) it is critical to select the right materials. Finally, in order to prevent degradation of H2 fuel cells, high purity designs are required. Our H29 ball valve considers all these demands.
In order to prevent HGE we solely use materials such as 316L for the housing and ball and we carefully select our spindle materials. To satisfy the highest purity standards, our valves are assembled and tested to ISO 16232. Finally, our H29 is fully certified to ISO 15848-1 for fugitive emissions (500.000 cycles) and is equipped with double body sealing and double bonnet sealing as a standard. Every single valve is exerted to a vacuum helium test (<10-⁶ mg/sec/m) to warranty the tightness of it's sealing systems for hydrogen usage.
The Habonim hydrogen ball valve H29 series is ISO 19880-, ISO 23826- and TPED certified for 700 bar/10,000 Psi. In addition, the design as a whole is SIL 2 certified and fire safe according to API 607. The H29 series therefore offers specific advantages compared to conventional designs for high pressure H2 usagesuch as needle valves and solenoid valves.
- Diameter: 1⁄4” - 1,5” (DN8 - DN40)
- Temperature range: -60°C to +260°C
- Connections: various HP threaded connections, welded ends
- Operation: manual, gearbox, pneumatic or electric actuator
- Reduced bore
- Fire safe according to API 607, ISO 10497
- Fugitive emissions according to ISO 15848-1, API641
- In conformity with PED 2014/68/EU/H, ATEX 2014/34/EU, TPED 2010/35/EU and IEC 61508-2 SIL 2/3
- Available including EN 10204 2.2, 3.1 and 3.2
- Available in accordance with multiple marine certifications (on request)
- ISO 19880-3:2018 compliant (Gaseous hydrogen - Fuelling stations)
- TPED certified
Request your product by completing the form. Do you have any questions about Habonim H29 series – Ball valve for high pressure H2? Feel free to write these down on the form as well. Our specialists will contact you directly to discuss your needs.