Double eccentric high performance butterfly valves
Hanwel double eccentric butterfly valves
Both polymers and elastomers have limitations in terms of temperature and pressure. When the application involves a higher temperature and/or pressure than these materials allow, a metal seat offers a solution. However, a metal or hybrid seat requires a modified valve design to avoid friction between the disc and the seat. For this reason, the double eccentric valve design was developed.
This design allows the disc to close inside the seat at lower friction, allowing the use of a metal seat. These valves are also called high-performance butterfly valves.
Hanwel supplies high performance butterfly valves with wafer type, lug type and flanged connections.
- Range: DN50 to DN2000
- Pressure: 0 barg to 40 barg (PN10-40 and 150lbs.-300lbs.)
- Temperature: -50⁰C to 450⁰C
- Design: 1-piece or 2-piece casing
- Tightness: bi-directional tightness (EN 12266-A or B)
- Casing material: cast iron, steel, stainless steel
- Sealing material: Stainless steel 316, Inconel or other metals
- Exotic materials possible: yes
- Available with handle, handwheel, pneumatic actuator and electric actuator
Whenever the working temperature exceeds 230⁰C, elastomers and polymers are no longer suitable for use. These relatively soft materials are also unsuitable for abrasive media that lead to rapid wear of the sealing. Finally, elastomers and polymers have limitations regarding operating pressure.
Whenever one or more of the above situations occurs, a metal seal or a combination of a metal and a non-metal seal (hybrid form) is recommended. A metal is more wear-resistant and suitable for higher temperatures and pressures.
Request your product by completing the form. Do you have any questions about Double eccentric high performance butterfly valves? Feel free to write these down on the form as well. Our specialists will contact you directly to discuss your needs.