Through Valfonta, we supply valves that provide systems with maximum protection. Our safety valves, pressure relief valves or pressure-reducing valves allow you to maintain optimal control over the pressure in your system.
- Range: DN8 to DN200
- Pressure: 0 barg to 40 barg (PN10-PN40 / 150 lbs. – 300 lbs.)
- Temperature: -30⁰C to 280⁰C
- Design: 1-piece or 2-piece casing
- Tightness: bi-directional tightness, bubble tight (EN 12266-A)
- Casing material: cast iron, steel, stainless steel
- Sealing material: EPDM, NBR, PEEK, PTFE, PTFE graphite
- Exotic materials possible: yes
- Operated via external control line or fully self-regulating
A spring safety device is a mechanical safety device that prevents the pressure in a system part from becoming too high or too low. The valve opens as soon as the pressure exceeds the specified limit value and discharges the medium to such an extent that the pressure returns to the pre-set and desired value. The way this is done differs per type of valve.
The safety device contains a valve with seat. The medium to be protected is located below the valve. The opening pressure is determined by the weight of the valve and the force of the pre-adjusted spring. The spring force determines the pressure at which the valve will start to open. Each spring has a pressure range within which it can be used. As soon as the medium pressure underneath the valve exceeds the set pressure, the valve opens.