Venturi Fluid Jets Ejectors
Venturi Fluid Jets (or ejectors) are components that operate on the ejection principle. This implies that there are no moving parts and that the medium is displaced by means of pressurized fluids, -steam or compressed air combined with the internal geometry of the component.
A Venturi Fluid Jet consists of three components: the nozzle, the body and the diffuser. Through the motive connection (the nozzle), a pressurized liquid, steam or gas is supplied. This medium is called ''the motive medium''. Because of the geometry of the body, the flow energy of this motive creates a suction force that sets the other fluid or gas in motion. This suction flow is called the ''suction medium''. Due to the specific design of the diffuser, a back pressure arises at the ejector's output side which is higher than the suction pressure. As a result, the the newly mixed flow is discharged.
This design and its corresponding operating principle allows a venturi ejector to be used at positions where there is no possibility or desire to deploy a driven pump. The only thing which is required to operate the ejector as a pump, is a motive medium.
Depending on the exact design, ejectors can be used to transport liquids, solids, slurries, steam and gases. Therefore Venturi Fluid Jets can be used for displacement, pumping, suction, mixing, heating, cooling and for the protection of various media.
- Size range: DN15 to DN600
- Pressure range: 0 barg to 100 barg (PN10 - PN100 and ANSI 150lbs. -600 lbs.)
- Temperature range: -60⁰C to 450⁰C
- Design: 2 piece, 3 piece or 4 piece design
- Housing material: cast iron, carbon steel, stainless steel, PVC
- Can be included with protective liner (PTFE)
- Exotic materials possible: yes
- Design: customized at all times
Advantages of this design
- The fluid ejector has no moving parts and requires no external energy nor actuation. As a result, the ejector has no wearing parts leading to no wearing.
- Its' compact design allows an ejector to be easily installed inside confined or hazardous areas. Given that the calculation has been carried out correctly and provided that production and supply is carried out in accordance with the calculations, the venturi ejector guarantees 100% realiblility
- An ejector is well suited for discontinuous and intermittent use and is not prone to wearing in these circumstances.
Applications for ejectors
- Lifting a medium from a pit or tank
- Pumping a medium to transport it
- Dosing, mixing or diluting media.
- Moving slurries or solids
- Injecting steam for heating
- Creating a vacuum to evacuate gases
- Desuperheating of steam
- Heating and cooling liquids through circulation
- Various other applications
Request your product by completing the form. Do you have any questions about Venturi Fluid Jets Ejectors? Feel free to write these down on the form as well. Our specialists will contact you directly to discuss your needs.